Family law is the area of law that deals with domestic and family matters. Family law includes civil procedures that involve individual family members’ financial responsibilities, custodial duties and rights, and matters of marriage and divorce. At Miller & Terry Attorneys at Law, we are experienced in the matters of family law, and a family law attorney from our office can help you resolve your family law case or dispute. We provide empathetic and effective advocacy in cases of divorce, post-divorce modifications, paternity actions, prenuptial agreements, adoptions, guardianship/conservator-ships, and powers of attorney. We are also experienced in many other areas of practice affecting families. Some of our areas of expertise include:
- Prenuptial Agreements are a contract that state the division of property between the two people in the agreement in case a divorce were to occur.
- Divorce is the legal and official termination of a marriage.
- Post-Divorce Modifications are the changes in the divorce decree after the divorce has already happened.
- Alimony is the legal obligation to provide financial support for your spouse before and after a divorce.
- Child Custody states the terms of a child’s guardianship.
- Child Support is the financial support of a child.
- Paternity Actions is a legal process that decide whether a man can officially become the father of a child that is a minor.
- Adoption is when a person legally and financially assumes the role of being a parent to a minor and the biological parent gives up all rights to their child.
- Power of Attorney is a document that is created to appoint another person to all of your affairs, if you become unable to manage them yourself.
By working with a family law attorney from our office, you can trust that your case will be handled correctly and efficiently. As experts in family law, we work diligently to ensure that we give each case our full attention to get the best results for our clients.
Family Law Attorney in the Kansas City Area
If you need the services of a family law attorney, call Miller & Terry Attorneys at Law today at (816) 875-0470 in Missouri or (816) 875-0470 in Kansas.